5.27.2009

Item!

My celeb (short for celebrity) resume just doesn't know when to quit! I mean, I practically shook hands with President Ba "Rocko" Bama on Monday (I'll get to my DC trip in my next post). But this morning, I got on the subway (a heretofore barren wasteland for celeb sightings) and saw three black gentlemen gearing up to sing a tune for the subway car. No, this isn't leading to a 75% Boyz II Men sighting, but that's something to shoot for. I noticed a distinguished-looking fellow with a mile-wide smile anticipating the impromptu concert. I saw him and did a double-take (less experienced celeb-spotters would have required a quadruple-take, at the very least) and said, "Hey, are you an actor?" He said, "Yes, are you?" Then we both had a laugh. Then I said, "Hey, were you in August Rush?" and he said "Yes, I am." Then we talked for a bit, and he told me he's from Poughkeepsie (a geo-lexical accomplishment in itself) and he's in town doing a Broadway show called "Exit the King" with Susan Sarandon and Geoffrey Rush. Then I sheepishly asked what his name was, and he politely told me "William Sadler." Then my stop came and he said, "Why don't you star in my next movie about up-and-coming journalists who are awesome at basketball?" Actually, he said it was a pleasure to meet me, and I said "likewise" like a courteous adult, and I went into work feeling like a million bucks. Mr. Sadler is a top-notch chap. My only regret is that "August Rush" was the only thing with him in it that popped into my mind at the time. How did I miss his role as Wild Bill Overbeck in "Rocketman?" Here's my newly updated NY Celeb Resume:

William Sadler
Tyra Banks
Guy who plays Roy on the Office
Tiki Barber
Donald Trump
Glenn Beck
An actress from a telenovela on "Univision"
Not to mention my boss, Kyle Monson, who's the bassist for Mere, who plays the "Higher" song on a Haier commcercial.

In other news,



The thing is, professionals like me don't get excited when their story (The Best How-To and DIY Sites) goes on the homepage, but I'll go ahead and post a snapshot here just to show how ironic and dry my sense of humor is, plus I'll say "The article is okay, nothing special" to show how humble I am. Because this is small potatoes to me, even if it might seem exciting to you guys. No big deal. Speaking of deals that aren't big, we were on the Glenn Beck show again on Memorial Day. My third television appearance (well, my face's second, but my arms' third) in a month here in NYC! Not bad at all.

Blog Archive