5.20.2009

Irritations, Etc.

I'm glad you asked. The answer is yes, stickers on baseball hats and the Omniture billboards along I-15 irritate me to no end. First of all, don't even get me started on the way these pipsqueaks are wearing their ballcaps these days. And their music! Youth is wasted on the young. But seriously, even Curtis' cap's fragile perch annoyed me, and he was working with a) a 90-degree angle hair edge and b) cartoon physics, and it still bothered me thinking how often it must fall off his head. Kids these days don't so much wear hats as they do keep a hat hovering near their head, at the ready, in case they need to wear one in an emergency. 

At any rate, needless to say, the brand sticker-on-the-brim is hilarious to me. Or irritating, depending on my mood. The first several times I saw it, I figured the hats must have been recently purchased. I thought that for a very long time, actually, because I couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of purposefully allowing stickers to permanently live on my hat. It was always humiliating when I was foolish enough to forget to remove the long and skinny "32x32 32x32 32x32 32x32 32x32" stickers on a new pair of jeans.

Some PCMag stuff:

6th-Grader from San Antonio Wins 2009 Doodle 4 Google Competition
Assistive Technology: Low Vision Doesn't Mean Low-Tech

Starring in PJ Jacobowitz' camera video-reviews is my bread and butter. I come in about 1:30 in.

Blog Archive